Chick-fil-A’s Mac and Cheese has become one of the most hyped meals recently, and everyone’s trying to recreate the Chick-Fil-A Mac and Cheese recipe at home.
It has a strong flavor due to the mixture of parmesan, cheddar, and romano cheeses which makes it a favorite amongst children and adults alike. With this recipe, you won’t miss the store-bought version!
Here are the ingredients and directions to make the perfect Chick-fil-A Mac and Cheese recipe at home.
The Famous Chick-Fil-A Mac and Cheese Recipe
• 16 ounces elbow macaroni
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup salted butter
• 1/4 cup flour
• 1 cup cream
• 2 1/2 cups whole milk
• 1 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
• 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
• 1 cup shredded romano cheese
• Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
• Extra cheddar cheese for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with salt and add noodles
- Boil noodles until al dente and then drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Whisk in flour and mix continuously for about 4-5 minutes over low heat
- Slowly pour in the cream and whole milk and stir the whole time until it starts to thicken over low heat
- Add in the combination of cheeses until the cheese starts to melt and become creamy, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste
- If the sauce is too thick, thin it with some of the reserved water
- Mix in the macaroni noodles
- Pour the mixture into a large baking dish
- Top with additional shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook for five minutes
- After five minutes, cook on a low broil for two minutes
- Remove from oven and mix together so the crispy cheese on top is incorporated throughout the dish
To make a perfect Chick-fil-A Mac and Cheese, make sure every ingredient is at room temperature, use low-heat to sauté the flour and butter, and if you can’t find sharp cheddar cheese, use regular cheddar cheese.
You can make it ahead of time and freeze for up to three months, and in an airtight container it should last for 3-5 days in the fridge.
What is Chick-fil-A Mac and Cheese?
The new Chick-Fil-A Mac and Cheese is a side dish that everyone loves, in the popular fast food chain.
They have perfected their delicious recipe, as it has a perfect balance of blended cheeses like cheddar, romano, and parmesan, making it deliciously rich, creamy and comforting.
This at home recreation of the delicious Chick-Fil-A Mac and Cheese Recipe will surely satisfy your cravings for the amazing take-out meal!
If you’re a mac and cheese lover like me, here are my 5 easy crock pot mac and cheese recipes, for you to try making at home as well.