I have always been intimidated by the thought of making a key lime pie, anyone else? The idea of having to bake a crust and then wait for the filling to set in the oven just seemed like too much stress. However, when I discovered the joy of making a no bake key lime pie, I knew that I had found one of my my new favorite desserts. Not only is it easy to make, but it also has a refreshing twist on a classic dessert that everyone will love.
Benefits of No-Bake Key Lime Pie
One of the biggest benefits of making a no-bake key lime pie is that it saves so much time. You don’t have to worry about baking a crust or waiting for the filling to set in the oven. Instead, you can easily make the crust and filling on the stovetop and then chill it in the fridge until it’s ready to serve.
Another benefit of making a no-bake key lime pie is that it’s a great dessert for any occasion. Whether you’re making it for a summer barbecue or a holiday party, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Plus, because it’s a no-bake dessert, you won’t have to worry about taking up valuable oven space during your meal prep.
Ingredients for No-Bake Key Lime Pie
To make a delicious no-bake key lime pie, you’ll need the following ingredients:
· 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
· 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
· 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
· 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
· 1/2 cup of key lime juice
· 2 teaspoons of lime zest
· 8 oz of whipped cream
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making No-Bake Key Lime Pie
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, making sure to press it firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, and lime zest. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Chill the pie in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or until the filling is set.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Tips for a Perfect No-Bake Key Lime Pie
To ensure that your no-bake key lime pie turns out perfectly, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure to press the graham cracker crust firmly into the dish to prevent it from crumbling when you slice the pie.
- Use fresh key lime juice for the best flavor.
- Be sure to chill the pie for at least 2 hours to allow the filling to set properly.
- Top the pie with whipped cream and lime slices for an extra touch of sweetness and flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions about No-Bake Key Lime Pie
Q: Can I use regular limes instead of key limes?
A: Yes, you can use regular limes if key limes are not available. However, the flavor may be slightly different.
Q: How long will the pie last in the fridge?
A: The pie will last for up to 3 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container.
Q: Can I freeze the pie?
A: No, it’s not recommended to freeze the pie as it may affect the texture of the filling.
Making a no-bake key lime pie is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a classic dessert with a refreshing twist. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, this recipe is sure to impress. So why not give it a try at your next gathering or family dinner? Your taste buds will thank you.